Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gifts in Unexpected Packages

So, sometimes we get pleasant surprises in unexpected ways. Blessings, shall we call them? For example, let's take Joella.No, she wasn't a surprise in the sense that Matt and I were not expecting the double blue line on the pregnancy test. Still though, she was a SURPRISE. Meaning, Matt and I like to think of ourselves as fairly easy going. We thought for sure Joella would be the same. Easy peasey. Well, she's sweet.



very sweet.

but also SASSY!!!
(fyi -- Ash reminded me that I loved the word from one of her recent posts)

"Mini but mighty" I find myself explaining often. She is like an adult trapped in a very tiny petite body. It can barely hold all her personality and energy. I can just see her eyes glowing, trying to calculate how exactly she is going to use her dimple and big blue eyes to make it "okay" to test the waters and touch the hot fire place grate. Same thing if you remind her to sit before she makes a giant fearless leap off the stairs, or do anything that she "shouldn't" for that matter.

So, I complain, but really I love it. She is more than we ever expected and then some. In having her, I am learning a lot more about myself (specifically how I'm not as easy going as I once thought I was).

So what about you? What kind of pleasant surprises or unexpected blessings have you received that you really weren't prepared for but have embraced?

2 comments:

Matt said...

Love the post! Can't wait to see you guys soon!!

Amy said...

all i can say is amen. to every word of it. i'm right there with ya. :)

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.