Saturday, February 26, 2011

READ SOON: Make a Difference TONIGHT!!!

Great -- I'm glad I got your attention!

Any ladies in the Cedar Falls area, come join me 8-10 for live music tonight at Cup of Joe. This isn't anything formal. There is regularly live music there on Saturday nights. I just needed an excuse to convince my friends to get out for some time with the girls. This just happens to be where we're meeting. I figured though, why not make this casual hang out more meaningful?

Today there are several Marathon Jams taking place today throughout the country and even overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is the 8th consecutive year that musicians have gathered to raise funds for the Fisher House. This year is extra special, because many musicians serving in Afghanistan will participate as well. Matt is not in the particular city of the jam, but he knows people who are taking part.

I tweeted the other day about The Fisher House. Fortunately I haven't had direct experience with this program, as it provides living areas, "comfort homes" for families who need a place to stay close to their military soldier who is recovering from an unexpected illness, disease, or injury. Awesome program, right? If Matt got hurt / sick, I'm thankful to know I'd have a place to go, free of charge! In my situation I can't help but get on board with a cause like that...

I will collect any donations throughout the week and send them on behalf of Marathon Jam - Afghanistan to the area most needed. Maybe sometime I'll organize my own jam (although I'm not musically talented at all...). In the meantime though, I'll go listen to some music :) (Join me - 8:00 - Cup of Joe).

Another easy way to donate here or here.

Ladies, even if you don't donate -- come hang out! Anyone that finds me downtown tonight can enter a drawing for one of my favorite things. Examples of potential winnings below:

  • Zambeezi Fair Trade & Organic Lip Balm from Zambia
  • Fair trade scarf (are you a "scarfer?" I'll teach you how to tie one) from World's Window
  • Bobble, a filtered water bottle made from recycled material









ALSO -- Many of you have heard of my latest business venture. Ask and see me about Norwex. I am personally donating 10% of sales on orders placed this week specifically to the Fisher House. If you're interested, just find me downtown, e-mail, or call.

Oh, so many ways to make a difference!

p.s. I just called Cup of Joe and they say Banish-Misfortune playing tonight is REALLY GOOD!

No comments:

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.