Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mini Updates

We're learning that Alabama weather changes quickly. Yesterday there were tornado watches, and today it snowed. It didn't stick, but it was really coming down - that's a first for us since being here.

Matt moved a tree yesterday -- it was blocking one of the roads on post after the wind/rain, and he and another guy moved it aside. I reminded Matt that it wasn't his first time moving a tree -- Ross/Amber, you remember our camping adventure, right? :)

My excitement for the day was finding out that Chaz passed obedience class. I was surprised -- he has consistently been the trouble-maker of the class. He barks / whines nervously, and is the only "student" that gets told to be quiet by our instructor. I'd never been in those shoes before, and it was kind of enlightening. I think deep down teachers kind of like the trouble-makers, right?

Matt and I are reading The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne as a part of our small group. We've only read the first 3 chapters, but it's pretty good so far -- talks about what it would look like to really love like Jesus. We've been reading it on the way to and from church since it's a half hour drive. Matt also likes to read it before he goes to sleep -- one of the only things that gets him to stop thinking about chapters 5 & 9 from the TH-67 Operator's Supplement. That, and it helps him stop spinning and feeling like he's still flying.

I'm surprised that I haven't learned my EP's (Emergency Procedures) and Limits by now. I quiz Matt a lot, so I'm glad it's sticking for one of us! Friday he told me he found the "hover" button on the helicopter (there is no button -- that's what the pilot's for...). Sounds like he is learning fast and loving it!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh, the tree!! How could I forget? I'm pretty sure that we got roped into helping before that task was over! As far as the trouble makers go...yes, they always have a special place in a teacher's heart and are often the cause of sleepless nights! Can't wait to see you guys soon. Make the snow go away!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.