Saturday, February 21, 2009

Calais the World Traveler

I think just about everyone who reads this blog knows our good friend Calais. Johnni and I have been friends with her for many years, and we always love getting to catch up with her whenever we get the chance (which is not often enough!).

You see, Calais has spent most of the last several years traveling around the world. In my mind, her attitude about traveling and everything she's done makes her a World Traveler. As it turns out, STA created an internship position with her in mind. It's conveniently called the World Traveler Internship -- and wouldn't you know, Calais has applied for it! She made her video application and posted it on YouTube, as per the instructions from STA. She needs our help, though, because the more times her video is viewed, the better her chances are of getting the internship.



The great part about her traveling is that she shares her experiences with all of us through her artwork, photography, and her blog. Johnni and I read her blog whenever we can, and after talking the other day with each other we decided that she's going to write a great book some day. We haven't told her yet because we don't want to put any pressure on her. Because we feel so strongly that this would be an awesome opportunity for her, we wanted to share the video with our blog readers. If you wish to rate or comment on the video (recommended to help her more!) it's located here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so amazing - this brought tears to my eyes. I think the most incredible part of this process has been the way my friends have so generously rallied to help. It's so humbling.

I'm so sad I didn't get to see you over Christmas, and actually I've been thinking about you tons lately because I just moved to LA. I was over by UCLA yesterday and it made me think of meeting up when you lived out here, Matt. Good old Ditty Riese. :)

I can't wait for the next time our paths cross. Really, though...I might just have to FORCE their crossings!

I love you both...

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.