Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break

I live here?

No, but I live about 3 hours from here which blows my mind. I've never gotten to go on one of those "typical" spring break trips to the warm sunny beach. Sure, I've traveled a lot, but never for that spring break get-away down south. Fortunately, my good buddy, Kels, and her family let me tag along with them for a day or so this week in Golf Shores, AL.

The beach was great of course, but one of my hightlights from the trip was one of those things that I think everyone secretly wants to try.

Kels' dad says, "it's kind of like fishing."
So true -- you walk around somewhat discouraged, swinging the detector from side to side without a sound. As soon as you hear that buzz tone though, you're hooked! After two nights of treasure hunting, Kels found a dime which doesn't quite make up the $2.50 they spent on the shovel :)
I found a few bottle caps...

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

i WOULD like to try that some day! :) So glad you got to meet up with Kels and her fam.

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.