Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wrapping up 2008

It's been awhile! We had a great time with everyone back in Iowa! So great to see family and friends.

A little picture narration:

We had to of course look our best before we made the trip back home:After driving the 17 hours home, we crashed in the "Matt cave" (aka Matt's old room in the basement where one could sleep until 3 pm because it is so dark and comfortable). Shortly after that, we picked up our Christmas bundle, Kaeda, and went to visit my grandma.
We hung out with familyand friends.We even had fun playing in the snow - one week of winter is just right for my liking :)We ate lots of good food (too much).We had visitors -- oddly enough, the Scottish fan club came drinking their scotch...We had good conversations while we sipped wine
and we got to catch up on sleep.
That pretty much wraps up Iowa. We caravaned with my parents down to Florida for the Outback Bowl. Matt's parents, my parents, and my brother/sister-in-law were all there for the fun. I think all of them adjusted to the weather down here without too many problems :)

I don't know about you, but I have the can't-stay-awake-while-riding-in-a-car disorder. Needless to say, I took a few puppy naps on the way home from Florida. This weekend Matt's parents stayed with us before they headed back north. Lots of relaxation and fun watching the dogs whirl around the living room. We checked out the aviation museum on post for the first time which is really neat. Now Matt quizzes me on my types of helicopters. I think I will need a refresher course soon, so you know what to look forward to if you visit!

Can't wait until next time we get to see everyone -- we miss you already!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Too cute! This is my favorite post so far - maybe I'm partial to all of the dog pictures.

Ashley Schrage said...

I can't speak for everyone, but puppy pictures never get old :) (coming from someone that posts every other time about my dog)

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.