Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thank YOU, READERS!!!

Those of you who know me best know that I get extremely motivated about something right away and my big dreams are great, but do they always happen? I get on board with an idea or purpose easily, but is it all just talk?

Don Miller posted an idea recently that stuck with me. "...when we talk about our work, we give ourselves the feeling that we are working on something when truthfully, we aren’t." So true!

I hope that blogging doesn't turn into me typing about a good cause instead of actually doing something about it. Instead, maybe it will motivate me to execute the idea since I know readers might be wondering about it.

I posted a few weeks ago that I "would love to make visiting different places with therapy dogs a part of my normal week... Maybe blogging about it will hold me to it. Feel free to ask how it's coming... :)"

THANK YOU, READERS!

Because a few of you followed up with me, I DID something about it - I'm pursuing Pet Pals locally. They are a non-profit org. that visits several locations in the area. Even people without pets can get involved by taking animals from the Cedar Bend Humane Society. The dogs don't have to be quite as well behaved as the Delta Society, so I figured it might be a good place to start. I did the paperwork, made the vet appointment, went to the training, "read" the manual, got together our visiting backpack full of all the necessary goods, and went to Kaeda's temperament test this morning.



Kadea can be a little bit obnoxious, so I wasn't too hopeful for how she'd do. Things got off to a rough start when Kaeda got caught off guard by a man in a wheelchair. He came out of nowhere and she barked her bark that catapults her entire body about 3 feet horizontally. Great, I thought.... we might as well just go home. Check back later this week to hear more about it...

No comments:

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.