Friday, November 7, 2008

It's a long weekend

One of the great things about flight school, and I guess the Army in general, is the abundance of long weekends. Because of Veteran's Day this weekend is a 4-day weekend for most people. For some of us, it's actually a 5+ day weekend.

Most of the time when we have long weekends we have the option of "buying out" of formations on each side of the weekend. It's $5 for both -- the 1100 formation leading into the weekend and then PT coming out of the weekend -- and the money goes to the graduation formal for the outgoing class. As it is I don't have to go to PT on Friday mornings and with the buyout I didn't have to go to my 1100 formation. I also get to miss Wednesday's PT. This means that yesterday after my 1100 formation it was officially the weekend for me; it's a weekend that lasts until next Wednesday at 1100.

Before you start wondering what all your tax dollars are going to I should point out that I have to march in a Peanut Festival parade tomorrow morning for a couple of hours. Yes, I've come to flight school to learn how to fly helicopters only to find myself marching in a peanut parade.

We're leaving shortly after the parade for South Carolina for the weekend....we can't wait to see Ben and Chelsa! It should be a great weekend.


Chaz looks for his ball.....

No comments:

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.