Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finally

So, I've been saying for awhile now that someday I would contribute to our blog. Well, today's the day. There is a lot to catch up with, and I'm not quite sure where to start.

What's new? Well, some of you know that I wouldn't call myself a strong swimmer. I started taking adult swimming classes this month to get myself in the water and brush up on what I should have been practicing since my dad first taught me how to swim. I never look forward to going to my lessons, but it's conveniently on post, and they are super cheap. I leave each time feeling a lot more comfortable in the water -- tonight was the first time that I can remember going off an actual diving board. It wasn't too bad, but I did feel like a pancake getting flipped a few times. Tonight, I was procrastinating and decided to take pictures while I should have been heading down the road...
You'll see some pictures soon when Matt posts, but we had a great time in Charleston, South Carolina with Ben and Chelsa this weekend. It was so fun and relaxing to get to hang out with good friends. I have a much better appreciation for photography after this weekend! It was fun to watch and listen to Chelsa and Matt with their cameras. There were a lot of great places to take pictures, and we had fun during our "photo shoots." We just got back last night, but Chelsa already has some posted. Her work is amazing, and she was so great at posing us and having fun with it.

http://chelsaschaeferphoto.blogspot.com/

We got to see a lot of beautiful places. We spe
nt some time downtown Charleston -- mostly walking around and eating. Sunday we went to a southern plantation. We had planned to watch a reenactment one of the Civil War battles (this one only occurs once a year). We missed it by about an hour but still got to see everyone dressed up from it. My friend, Amy, (also lives at Fort Rucker) and I have decided that we will have to go see a battle sometime while we are here in Alabama. Monday the four of us visited Cypress Gardens which was really peaceful. We got to go on a self-guided tour. Ben steered, Chelsa photographed, Matt helped paddle when he felt like it and took pictures the rest of the time, and I posed as our narrator. That night we spent time around the fondue pot - yum!

On the way back, Matt and I decided to spend a little time in Savannah. We found an awesome local pizza
place downtown, and took Chaz for a walk along the water. I'm no photographer, but decided to snap a few of Matt in action:
We got a late start to the actual drive home. This picture explains itself...

2 comments:

chelsa said...

Johnni, that is the most adorable picture of you in your goggles! You go girl!

Dick and Jane said...

Matt, get that dog off of your lap. I you trying to kill yourself?

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.