Monday, April 12, 2010

A Walk in the Park

This eating thing - it's a walk in the park! Joella had her first experience with solid foods today. I had planned on just trying out the spoon - no food, but she was so anxious to grab it on her own and put it in her mouth that we decided to try out a little avocado.

I expected the worst, but we never got that sour-looking face. She seemed to love it! I'm not sure how much actually made it in her mouth, but she had a good time trying. She would take a spoonful, eat / get mush all over the place until she dropped the spoon. Meanwhile, I'd get the other spoon ready. So far so good -- we can only hope the next foods go over so well :) I'm starting to wonder if Joella is going to be one of those little girls that always wants to do things on her own... Time will tell!


Speaking of walks, we went for one the other day here near Killeen, TX. I think we found the only patch of trees around! It's windy windy windy here! This was Matt's great idea to set up the point & shoot timer while we started off our walk. I was impressed with how it turned out.

I know we have been lagging to keep you informed of what's new with us. There's so much, so stay tuned for our "Catch Up" posts to come soon!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

The pictures of you guys looks like it should be an advertisement in a magazine or something! Such a happy little scene! Miss you and can't wait to see you soonish!

Ashley Schrage said...

great idea matt! that family picture turned out awesome :) i'm so excited Joella got her first taste of avocado too! how fun.

Matt and Lauren said...

Thanks for the post - I was wondering what happened to you guys! ;) Claire like 'cado too...in fact, I'm thinking it was her very first food. Is it bad that I already forgot for sure? I need to start writing this stuff down!!

Anonymous said...

ah you guys are lovely :) and those spoon pictures of joella look SO much like johnni! love you guys!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.