Thursday, August 21, 2008

More of the different

My schedule has been the same, with PT in the morning and 1100 accountability formation. The rest of my day, though, has been spent doing in-processing. This included medical paperwork, getting shots, filing for travel reimbursement, etc. It's actually been a pretty busy week!

Johnni and I have been looking around a bit for a puppy...and we're going to see one this weekend! He lives down in Florida right now (gulf coast, not the part that's been hit with 26" of rain in the last day or week?). He's a little older than we were first looking at, but he sounds like he might be a great fit for us.

Finally, it looks like I'll be leaving the digital world for a few weeks on 31 August. I get to attend SERE-C School starting that Sunday, until 21 September. The Army tries to keep most of the information from SERE away from public knowledge so I don't know that much about it, but the basic premise is that it's a school to train me on how to survive if I go down behind enemy lines. I've heard several people say that unless I like eating bugs, I can expect to go at least 5 days without food. Some also say it's the best Army school they've ever been to. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it finished, but it will be a long time without getting to speak to or see Johnni!

Some pictures from the last week:


Matt cutting his annual pineapple for his birthday last week


Walking in from our carport

As you leave the kitchen you enter our living room, dining room, movie room, and everything else room.

No, this is not a gym locker room...it is our bathroom.

Where all of the hard work gets done.


Our bedroom, looking in from the door


The half-locker room attached to our bedroom


And finally, a picture of my beautiful wife cooking us dinner the other night...

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

YAY, you're blogging! I can't believe how much fun I've had with it :) So glad I'll get to keep up on everything fun going on down there. It's nice to see your house, LOVE the blue bathroom :) and LOVE the puppy! Chaz is a really cute name :) Can't wait to come visit you !!!!!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Matt and Johnni. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.